Friday, October 23, 2009

One card...three challenges!!

Happy Friday stampers!

I confess...I am quickly becoming addicted to challenges! I really enjoy looking at all the participants projects and seeing how different the interpretations of the challenge rules are. Wow, there are some talented papercrafters out in blogland!

So, I made this card for the following challenges:

1. Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #9 : Based on Luke 2:11, make a project featuring the nativity or other theme about Christ's birth.
2. High Hopes Challenge #49 : Non-traditional Christmas Colours
3. Kraftin' Kimmie's Challenge #2 : Who's Got Some Buttons!

This adorable nativity scene is from High Hopes stamps. I love this stamp! I decided to go with shades of teal (yes, I know it looks more blue in the pictures, but in real life it's teal!) for my non-tradition colour choice. I absolutely love teal! I also wanted to do a card with a lot of sparkle. So, I started with a card base of deep teal and sponged the edges with white ink. The nativity image is recessed in that window (not sure if the dimension is showing in this pic), which was cut with my Nesties. The DP is from a Christmas pack I picked up last year, but the cover fell off so I have no idea of the company! lol This card also features some dollar store treasures...the snowflake and the word "hope". I picked up a pack of these super sparkly snowflakes, so you might just see some more in the future! That little wooden "hope" was painted white and then generously coated with some beautiful white sparkle. I also coated some buttons with some Martha Stewart glitter in a deep blue...love that colour of glitter! Finally I added some little rhinestones on the DP. Can I just tell you that I was a glittery mess when done with this card! lol It was on my face, in my hair, on my clothes!!!






Here's a closeup of the image. As always, it was stamped on Neenah cardstock and coloured with Copics.




I loved making this card! Christmas is just my favourite season, and I love making projects that focus on true meaning of Christmas. What a beautiful quiet moment we can peek in on, with Mary, Joseph and the little baby Jesus.

Make sure to find time to get inky this weekend!

Blessings,

Melanie





12 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH this is absolutely gorgeous Melanie!! Your colouring is fabulous...the snowflake embellishment is awesome and of course...the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining our Kraftin' Kimmie challenge this week! Your creation is wonderful!

Unknown said...

This is such a gorgeous card! Love your image, your coloring and that big sparkly snowflake!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lisa Lou said...

Fantastic card! Love the HH image and the huge snowflake!!

peggysue said...

You have a nice touch with your copics, this card is marvelous, the deep blue catches your eye right away. Thanks for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week, your card fits right in.

Pamela said...

This is FABULOUS! I love it!!!

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Awesome Card Like always Mel!!!! Don't ya just love glitter ;)

Kristine said...

OH OH, WOWIE WOWIE! (yes, I doubled that for the wow effect) LOL - Melanie, this is just absolutely GORGEOUS!! LOVE how the white pops out from the blue sky. I'm saving this in my faves for sure. It's sooo BEAUTFIUL!

And I have to apologize for not stopping by sooner. You've left me lots of wonderful comments this week that I'm so very grateful for. I've been so sick this week, well since about Wednesday, so I've basically posted what I had to for DT's and that's about it. I need to catch up. Just wanted you to know I'm not ignoring you!! HUGS!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Stunning card Mel, Your colouring is gorgeous and I love the letters, Hugs, Nikki x

Sirpaliina said...

What a great card, i love it and colourind is beautiful, great job. Thanks for playing.

Amy said...

What a stunning card. Your colouring is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Melanie, This is just outstanding!!! Your card and blog are so much fun to stop by and linger awhile. Did I tell you I was born in Sarnia?
Have a great week fellow Canadian and thanks for playing with us at SSCC.

Phebe Meeder said...

Absolutely gorgeous