Sunday, October 25, 2009

Thankful for Friends

Good afternoon! I can't believe the weekend is almost over already. We have been so busy. We took an impromptu shopping trip to London yesterday in search of costumes for the kids. While it was fun, it certainly ate up a lot of free time! I'm still hoping to squeeze in some time for stamping, although it honestly is not looking promising. I have acquired some fabulous new stamps over the past few days, and am very much looking forward to inking them up!


So, I thought I'd share a thank-you card today that I made a few weeks back for a couple at our church. Friends truly are such a blessing, and I thank God for those He has put in our lives. It is so comforting to know that you have friends who are there to help in a time of need.

This was a stamp that had been sitting uninked in my binder...can you believe it??!! I love this image from Whiff of Joy. Their stamps are just so beautiful. I bought this stamp on my very first visit to The Town Scrapper .




Melinda was stamped on Neenah cardstock and coloured with Copics. I used Nesties to cut her out, but used a technique I saw on another blog. I first placed the die over top of my image and marked where her hair would extend outside of the cut piece. I trimmed around her hair, and tucked the die underneath so her hair would not be cut with the rest of the circle. I really like this look where your image extends beyond the border. The DP is from My Minds Eye. Some of favourite papers are from this company. The edges were distressed, and I added some machine stitching.



As you can see from the closeup, I added a bit of blue underneath Melinda to "ground" her. I also added just a hint of blue around her body. The edge of the circle was sponged with Distress Ink. I also used a Copic Spica pen to add a touch of shimmer to her jewelry and the hearts. A bit of Frosted Lace Stickles adds a lovely sparkle to her wings. The sentiment is from the Amy R. Thank-You Sentiments, and was matted on one of the Spellbinders Fancy Tags.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,

Melanie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous card! Love your whiff or joy stamp! Your coloring is amazing! Love the dps too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Beautiful Card Mel!!! Love the sentiment!! Its perfect. I still have to try the technique with having parts sticking out beyond the spellbinder shape... maybe tonight LOL

Phebe Meeder said...

Gooorgeous and Simple ....love the sentiment

Tricia said...

Melanie...another gorgeous card!!Love the Nesties technique and the distressed edges. Do you use one of the pink edge distressors (I have one somewhere, but can't remember who makes it) to achive that look? Oh, one other question, about the stitching. Do you just do one paper at a time or do you stitch it all right to the card itself? Everything you do is just so amazing!!!

Maria said...

Stuuuuunning! This is one of my all time fave images and you truly give new meaning to amaaaazing colouring. Love the DPs and the layout as well. Hugs, Maria