Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tilda's Sweet Thoughts

Happy weekend stampers!! Looks like we are in for another chilly one here in southwestern Ontario. Fall is definitely here! Actually, I sent my daughter to school in her winter coat and a hat one day this past week!

I need to ask, have you ever completed a card for a challenge, and then just forgot to post it?? I confess. I have. (blushing here!) This card was one I made for Mojo Monday last week, but my week just sped by and I did not get little Tilda posted. So here she is, late, but still pretty cute nonetheless!

I love this Tilda image. She is from the new Yummy for Your Tummy collection. I got her from The Town Scrapper . Phebe has several of the stamps from this collection, including the cute little rolling pin! (There are some adorable "baker" Tildas that go beautifully with this rolling pin.) I'm sure these stamps will go quickly, so make sure to get yours now! The design paper is also from The Town Scrapper, and I love this paper! It has just a bit of shimmer. I coloured Tilda with Copics, and added some Glossy Accents to her lollipop. I find myself printing a lot of sentiments from my computer lately, this one included. Tilda and her rolling pin were pop dotted for some extra dimension, and matted on layers cut out with my Nesties. And now Tilda, are you ready for your closeup??!!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! As always, thank you so much for stopping by. Please feel free to leave me a comment...I love to know who's been visiting!

Blessings,

Melanie

p.s. Don't forget to hop on over to the Humble Pie blog to play along with this week's challenge!

6 comments:

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Hey Melanie!! You are right, you can't even tell this card is a 5x7...hahahah
Very Very Cute!!!

Maria said...

Beautiful card Melanie! Love your colouring and the gorgeous DP. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Melanie, I love your creations. Tilda is so sweet. Did you take classes from Copic or are you just plain gifted? :)

That Shining star looks so good on your blog. :D

Kristine said...

Oh wowie Melanie! This is super terrific!! I ordered this sweet Tilda and am anxious to get her :) LOVE your coloring and that rolling pin really does look like a wooden one! Such a cute card! THANKS SO MUCH for visiting my blog today! Means a lot. Keep up the great work--I needed just one more person to CASE! HA! LOL
Hugs!

Crystal said...

This is so sweet ! I love your coloring and that beautiful DP . THANK YOU so much for sending along how to schedule posts ... that sounds really easy ! Now if I just had my cards loaded , I could follow through ! I'll be ready next time ! Hugs !

Tricia said...

Melanie, what can one say....AMAZING??!!!!!!! You are so talented!