Monday, January 11, 2010

Birthday Tilda (post #2 today!)

I am so happy to be posting a card with this stamp!! I have been waiting a long time to get my inky paws on this cutie! This is "Jam Tilda" from Magnolia. As soon as I saw her, I HAD to have her!! Thankfully, my friend Phebe from The Town Scrapper carries Magnolia stamps! As soon as Tilda arrived in Petrolia, I drove right out there to pick her up...along with some other goodies! Phebe is still running her "buy one, get one of equal or lesser value for 50% off" sale, so you can stock up on some great products right now and save big $$$!! She also has all Christmas stock on sale for 50% off! (her contact info is on her blog...just follow the link above!!)

Now, my in-laws were in need of a birthday card and "hired" me to make one for them. Perfect opportunity to use my new stamp! I inked up Tilda and stamped her on Neenah cardstock and coloured with Copics (big surprise huh??). I just love these "sitting" images...perfect to perch on the edge of layers. This pretty double-sided paper is from We Are Memory Keepers (bought this out at The Town Scrapper too!). You know, the nice thing about double-sided paper is that it takes the guess work out of co-ordinating patterned paper. I used Bazzil cardstock as a base, as well as for the punched border. The sentiment is from Stamping Bella. I mounted it on a wooden tag covered with DP.




When I was out visiting Phebe, I picked up another new stamp set!! I am hoping to get a card posted later in the week with it, so stay tuned!

Blessings!

Melanie

Stamps: Magnolia "Jam Tilda", Stamping Bella "Happy Birthday"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Paper: Bazzil Cardstock, WRMK
Embellishments: American Crafts ribbon, Dollar Store brad, wooden tag, machine stitching

6 comments:

Maria said...

Gorgeous card Melanie and of course beautifully coloured. I'm sure whoever receives it for their birthday will love it. Hugs, Maria

Micki said...

I know I'm sounding repetitive, but seriously, your coloring...wow, and you knack for picking papers/embellishments..... I can only hope to get to this level one day :-). I love love love this color combo too.... absolutely beautiful card. Hugs

My Paper Passions said...

Wow mel she looks so great!!
Nicely done!!
Amanda B

Lisa said...

adorable, you have a talent with those copics, I love how you colour your images in, I am envious!!

Phebe Meeder said...

love the paper and the colors

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Melanie, This is just such a sweet card! I love the papers ad the colours are just fabulously yummy! Tilda looks so sweet...I've neglected her and I'm so inspired by your beautiful card to pull her out and ink her up! Your colouring is perfection!
Hugs,t