Saturday, January 2, 2010

Kraftin Kimmie Stamps, Challenge # 11: Piece it Together!

Good morning stampers!! If you saw my post yesterday, you will know that I have been given the privilege of being one of the Kraftin' Kimmie Guest Designers!! I am so excited about this opportunity, and have been anxious to get started! We are starting the New Year off with a brand new challenge brought to us by the talented Michele...Piece it Together!! Yup, get out your scissors or craft knifes, because we are paper-piecing!

You are in for a treat today, because some of the design team members are using brand new images from the upcoming January Release!!! The official release will be January 10, 2010. The Krafty Girls will begin posting sneak peaks beginning on Friday this week...so keep your eyes on the blogs!Oh my goodness, I'm telling you that you are going to love the new images!! You will find pictures of the DT's projects for this week on the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge Blog, but make sure to stop by each of the Krafty Girl's personal blogs too...what a talented bunch of ladies!!

For my first card as a Krafty Girl Guest, I used one of the images from the new release!! This beautiful stamp is called Flower Fairy, and was drawn by none other than Crissy Armstrong!! I just adore how delicate the features on this fairy are...so pretty! I paired this image up with papers from the Basic Gray Porcelain collection and Bazzill Bling cardstock. I also used Labels 8 and Fancy Tags from Spellbinders. All the edges were inked with dark green. To finish it off, I added some machine stitching and rhinestones.



As always, I stamped the image on Neenah cardstock, and coloured with Copic markers. The pink and yellow segments on the fairy's wings are paper-pieced with Basic Gray Porcelain papers. I also used a piece of pink mottled paper from that collection to paper-piece the flower petals. However, I felt it looked a little "flat", so I used a combination of pink Copic markers to add depth by shading the petals. Now, you can't have a fairy without a little sparkle, so out came the Frosted Lace Stickles for her wings.

Ok...time to hop on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge Blog to play along! Take note though! There will be one new rule starting today for the challenges. Anybody is welcome to play along! However, only those entries featuring a Kraftin' Kimmie image will be eligible to win the weekly prize. If you don't already own some of these great stamps, you can find them here!

We can't wait to see what you piece together!

Melanie

12 comments:

Micki said...

Wow, your coloring is top notch-out of this world....seriously! How did you get the petals like that??? Absolutely gorgeous! The whole card!!!! And ohhhhh, I so love Kraftin' Kimmies. They so remind me of the youngest grandchild, Gracy, lol.

Wonderful, beautiful job! Truly!

hugs

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Guest DT spot, Melanie!! Your card is fabulous -- I love the new image, and your coloring, as always, is just INCREDIBLE!!!

Welcome! said...

Another beauty Melanie - I LOVE this card!!!!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Absolutely incredible, Melanie!!! Your colouring is out of this world, fantastic!!

Unknown said...

Mel...Can I call you Mel? It's a typical thing for and Aussie to do... shorten everyone's name...Anyway, Melanie (just in case)this is just stunning!! Your colouring and layout just take my breath away...Really beautiful creation...Congrats on your first post as a KKGD...You rocked it!! Xx

Michele Boyer said...

This is REALLY pretty, Melanie! I just love the colors and your use of the die cuts!

Nana Diana said...

Your card is so beautiful Melanie!! Wonderful colouring and the layout is fabulous!!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, your coloring.... again, I'm at a loss for words. Just

wow

:-D

Kim said...

Melanie CONGRATS on your GDT position! Your work is amazing and Kimmie is VERY lucky to have you on her team! WOW I am blown away by your coloring! So glad I found your blog....you are a huge inspiration!!! I will be back often! :) Stunning work hun!
Hugs~ Kim

My Paper Passions said...

I love her Mel, she turned out beautifully!
You did the artist justice thats for sure!!
Rock On!
Amanda B

Vicki G said...

WOW!!! This is beautiful!!! So lucky to have you on the team!

Vicki

MarkerGeek said...

SO gorgeous, Melanie! Your colouring is amazing!