Monday, January 18, 2010

My Guy

Ok, so I am a bit behind on posting this card...I actually said I'd post it last week, but the days got away on me!! This is a card I made for Phebe at The Town Scrapper! Last time I was out to see her, I snagged this great stamp set called "My Guy Ian" from The Greeting Farm. I have been wanting this set for quite some time. I don't know about you, but I often struggle with masculine cards. I figured this set would help me out with that!!





The set "My Guy Ian" includes two "Ian" images and several sentiments...what a great set to have! Today, I am sharing a card featuring one of these "guys". I stamped Ian and coloured him up with Copic markers...gee, do you all get tired of me saying that?? I decided to pair him up with some fabulous papers from the Basic Grey collection called "Origins" (you can purchase this paper at The Town Scrapper). There are several designs in this pack that lend themselves to a more masculine feel. Obviously with a masculine card, you want nothing "frou frou" on it, so I opted to go with a brad from the Basic Grey Sugar Rush line, twine and a vellum heart. I stamped the sentiment "Hey Dude" on the heart...which is part of the stamp set. Actually, there are several sentiments in this set. It's quite the bargain!



If you are close to Petrolia, Ontario make sure to plan a visit out to The Town Scrapper to check out all the fantastic stamp lines and supplies Phebe carries. If you are too far away to make the drive, give Phebe a call for information about placing an order with her!! You can find her contact information on her blog here. Oh, and I have some great news!!! Phebe is extending her BUY ONE, GET ONE OF EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE FOR 50% OFF sale until February 14, 2010!!! So, no excuses...call her today so you don't miss out on this deal!

Have a wonderful, blessed day!!

(ps...don't be shy! leave me a comment to let me know you were visiting...I love company!!)

Blessings!

Melanie

Stamps: The Greeting Farm "My Guy Ian"
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, Basic Grey "Origins"
Ink: Memento, Copic
Embellishments: Vellum Heart, Twine, Basic Grey Brad

3 comments:

Leah l'Orange said...

oooohhh, Melanie, i absolutely LOVE this card. you have convinced me that i NEED that BG stack.
Ian looks fantastic. i bow at your Copic abilities, girl! :D

Micki said...

Absolutely awesome card. I just can't get enough of your coloring, lol...... awesome!

Kim said...

WOW Melanie....everytime I come to your blog I am blown away by your creations! Your coloring is absolutely BREATH TAKING and sooooo STUNNING! I hope to color as good as you one day! WOW you ROCK! I want to come and take lessons! :)
Hugs~ Kim