Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Third and Final Secret!!

Wow, this week has just been a whirlwind! I hope your new year is off to a fantastic start! Today, I finally get to share with you a secret I have been keeping since September...can you believe that??!! I was asked to be one one of the guest designers for this term at High Hopes Stamps!! If you have been a visitor to my blog before, you will know that I have posted several cards with their images...I just love them!


The team at High Hopes is back up and running this week with a brand new challenge, and it's a sketch brought to us by the talented Nikki! I do love sketches, as I tend to labour over layouts. I chose to "Elmer Elephant"...I love this guy, and just acquired him about a month or two ago. With all the Christmas card-making going on at my house, poor Elmer had sat uninked...so sad. So, I decided to make a Valentine's Day card with him! Have you ever noticed that Valentine's cards often feature puns...often pretty corny puns?? lol Well, this one is no exception! I couldn't help myself. I also had this cute "Bag of Peanuts" stamp from High Hopes, so I did up a sentiment on my computer to go with the card. Corny?...yes. Cute?....I think so?!!



Elmer was stamped on Neenah and coloured with Copics (do I EVER colour with anything else?? lol). I was able to use some of my new colours I got for Christmas (woo hoo!). I experimented with some warm grays, and was really happy with how he turned out. I also added in some blue-violets for shading. I've noticed a lot of card artists list the colours they use...perhaps I should do that sometime. I never seem to remember to record them though!




I hope you take some time to hop on over to High Hopes to play along in the challenge! There is always a fantastic prize up for grabs...but, you do have to use a High Hopes image!! If you do not own any High Hopes stamps yet, there is a link for a list of retailers on the blog.

I just want to say a big thank-you to Nikki and the High Hopes team for having me as a guest designer! I feel so very blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of such a talented team!

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamps: High Hopes "Elmer Elephant" and "Bag of Peanuts"

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics

Paper: Neenah, Bo Bunny, SU cardstock

Tools: Spellbinders, sewing machine

Embellishments: Buttons and ribbon from my stash!

20 comments:

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Love your card...your colouring is great...just coloured with copics for the first time...check out my blog.. www.luv2glitter.blogspot.com
I to am from Southwestern Ontario so great to find a local with amazing talent....

Hugs....Brenda

Jeanette said...

Amazing card Melanie! I think I have told you before but your copic coloring is just divine! Love the card and the cute pun IS PERFECT for a Valentine's card!
Hugs Jeanette :)

Maria said...

Congrats Melanie! What a great start to the new decade. You will be a great addition the HH DT. Hugs, Maria

Leah l'Orange said...

SEPTEMBER, Melanie?! are you kidding? HOW did you keep mum that whole time? i'd have surely BURST!

congrats again, girlfriend! you are going to have one heck of a crafty 2010, and i can't wait to watch it all unfold!

Nicole said...

WOW, Melanie, you sure do know how to keep a secret! HA!

Congrats on yet another awesome opportunity! Their images are so cute! HUGS, Nicole xoxo

Happy NEW Year to you!!

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Hey Mel!!! Congrats Girl on another DT!!!! I love this card!

dpkennedy said...

Fantastic coloring! Adorable card! Welcome!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your Elmer is fabulous Melanie! Super colouring as always and I just adore the pretty colours of your card. Welcome to the team sweetie! Hugs, Nikki x

Sirpaliina said...

Fabulous card, i love your colouring. Welcome to team and Happy New year.

Alex. said...

Hi Melanie!
WOW, your coloring is so fantastic!!!! I love your card!!
Hugs
Alex.

Lynne in NI said...

Congratulations Melanie, bet you were busting to tell that secret. Your gorgeous colouring is just perfect for their images (I must confess I'm a HH addict myself!), and what a fab idea to use Elmer as a Valentine's card
:D

Welcome! said...

You go girl!!! Congrats on the DT role with High Hopes and also on keeping it a secret for so long...lol!!! This card is adorable, love the 'nutty' little pun - its great!

Michelle said...

LOVE your card Melanie....love that sentiment, lol!! Your coloring is fabulous, can't wait to see future creations!

Crissy Armstrong said...

I love the depth of color you achieve Melanie. It is almost like you have water colored your images. You sure have a handle on colors and how they work with one another. Every time I am stunned! I am SO not surprised that you have been snatched up by three DT's! And, SO happy that you'll be working with my drawings on two of them! Hugs!

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Melanie
Your colouring is awesome, love the colours and papers too.
Welcome to the team!!

Karen x

Micki said...

WOW, that coloring is....... outta this world. Girl, please...... I don't even come close! Absolutely fabulous. Awesome card and that image & sentiment rock! lol.

hugs

Lacey Stephens said...

Awesome card!! I just adore you coloring and your shading is always so perfect!! I wish you a warm welcome to the team!! You will have a lot of fun with this group! Off to update my DT blog list!!
~Lacey

Mary Giles said...

Happy New Year! Go away for a couple of weeks and look what has happened! You have just exploded onto the DT scene! Congrats and so well desreved on all three teams. Your coloring is amazing and I just love looking at your creations. LOVE this elephant. SO beautifully colored and funny sentiments are my favs. Again A BIG HUGE CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS, Melanie, on your new DT spot! It must have been tough to keep the secret for so long! Your coloring and designs are always so fantastic, and this card is no exception. I am just marveling at how real the elephant looks -- like he's going to walk right off the card!!

My Paper Passions said...

Congratulations my pretty!!!
He looks awesome!! It feels like he is going to jump off the page...and to think you weren't originally too happy with how he turned out but once you put the whole thing together..LOOK OUT!
hehe
well done BF!
Amanda B