Saturday, March 27, 2010

Copic Colouring Demo Today!!

Happy Saturday!! Just in case you came here looking for the weekly challenge for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, you can check my post from last week here. This is a two-week challenge...tons of time to create something for Michele's "An Eyelet Here, An Eyelet There" challenge! I had used the gorgeous "Gwendolyn" for my card, one of the March release fairies by Crissy Armstrong. I LOVE that stamp!

I was asked by a very sweet commenter yesterday named Angie (I'm sorry Angie, but I couldn't find your email address!!) about the clouds that I sometimes do as a background for my images. I posted two cards yesterday that had clouds in the sky. Angie had asked if I use Copic markers to do the clouds. I actually use a hand-cut template and a blue ink pad. They are very simple to do! The next time I do a card with an outdoor scene, I will show you how it's done. (I could explain, but it would be easier to show you!!) I just want to say how much I appreciate all your comments! I do read each and every one, and wish I had time to respond to all of them. Please don't think that I take you all for granted. I appreciate that you take the time out of your busy day to come and visit my blog. Thank you all for being so sweet and encouraging!

On to more news. Today is the big day...gulp! I will be doing my first Copic demo in Petrolia, Ontario for an event being run by Phebe, owner of The Town Scrapper. There will be two other amazingly talented ladies running demos as well...Phebe (watercolouring) and Krista (Copic)!! I'm hoping to glean a little info from both of them. We'll be spending the afternoon colouring up some of the new exclusive Victoria Case images for The Town Scrapper! These stamps are so adorable, if you've not seen them yet, you can find some examples by hopping on over to Phebe's blog or to The Town Scrapette's blog.

So, want to see what we'll be making at my table?? This cutie is called "Bear-Y Sweet Sophie" by Victoria Case for The Town Scrapper. I have, of course, coloured her with my Copic markers. Other than the buttons and border punch, all materials from this card are from The Town Scrapper. Now, I may have cleaned Phebe out of the beautiful background DP from My Mind's Eye (Tiny Dancer) for my card kits! However, Phebe carries other paper from this company, and I have to tell you that My Mind's Eye makes some of all time favourite papers! The cardstock is Bazzill, which Phebe also carries. The pretty flowers are from Prima...you will find tons of gorgeous flowers at The Town Scrapper!



Here's close look at sweet Sophie and her little teddy bear. The pretty flowery paper she is matted on is from Imaginisce, and the layers were cut with Spellbinders Ovals.


I'm very excited to meet all of you who are planning to come today! Remember though, I am not Copic certified, so I will just be sharing with you some of the things I have learned along the way!

Have a blessed Saturday!

Melanie

Stamps: "Bear-Y Sweet Sophie" by Victoria Case for The Town Scrapper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa, Copic markers
Paper: Neenah, MME, Imaginisce, Bazzill
Embellishments: Prima Flowers Essentials 6, assorted buttons
Tools: Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Ovals Small, Petite Ovals small, Martha Stewart Border Punch

5 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Oh she's gorgeous, and fabulous hair!
Hope you enjoyed today!
:o)

Tara Godfrey said...

This is just gorgeous, Melanie! I love her to bits...what a cutie! You colouring is so gorgeous...you don't need to take my class hun I need to take yours...I wish I could drive to Petrolia to learn from you,smile...I definitely need a hair tutorial from you...you do the best hair...love it! I love these great papers too...very pretty!
Hugs,t
Hugs,t

Anonymous said...

wow! your cards are amazing!

Micki said...

I am seriously contemplating booking a flight to come to your next class. Absolutely awesome!

bonnieR said...

Thanks for all the coloring tips with copics I enjoyed the class very much and would go to another one anytime.(the townscrapper event) I have actually been practicing lots.Also took a peek at your husbands blog . Oh my gosh lovely photos. I noticed he teaches and would love to take a class. The college has a class about getting to know your digital camera (100.00) I'll keep my out for another of Deans classes.