Friday, March 26, 2010

Young Love

(This is my second post for the day. Scroll down or click here to see my Sweet 'n Sassy card for Friday Sketchers!)

Happy Friday!! I've had a few days off work this week as my boss is away, and I have been enjoying the extra stamping time I've been able to sneak in! I absolutely adore my family....but oh, how I LOVE to have my house to myself for an afternoon! That's a big treat for me! The peace and quiet is just blissful for those few hours, and gives me a chance to decompress and re-engergize, so I'm ready for all the hustle and bustle once everybody gets home!

One of the projects I worked on this week during my "down time"was for our challenge this week over at The Town Scrapette's Blog...we want to see you make an Easter or Spring themed project. Now, the Scrapettes are all giving you a sneak peak of some gorgeous new exclusive Victoria Case images available only at The Town Scrapper! These cuties will be available soon in rubber, so contact Phebe if you would like to purchase them! If you play along in our challenge this week, you may just be the lucky winner of one of the exclusive Victoria Case line for the Town Scrapper!

I inked up "Easter Cuties". I adore this image!! Look closely and you will see that both have gifts for each other hidden behind their backs. Young love...too cute! The image was stamped on Neenah cardstock and coloured with my Copic markers. I used my Nesties Labels 8 to cut them out. (did you know The Town Scrapper has an amazing assortment of Spellbinders, including some of the new sets!!) The sentiment i




One more sleep...tomorrow is the big day!! I'll be doing my first ever Copic colouring demo for Phebe at her fundraiser tomorrow afternoon in Petrolia, Ontario. The amazingly talented Krista is also running a demo to share her "mad skills"! For those of you interested in watercolouring, Phebe will be sharing some of her tips and techniques...her colouring is so pretty! Each demo will feature one of the exclusive Victoria Case stamps that you will only find at Phebe's store...The Town Scrapper. Phebe will have this stamp line available for purchase at the event. Your registration fee will include the demos, refreshments, card kits and the stamps used in each demo. I am very excited, and look forward to meeting everybody!

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamp: "Easter Cuties" exclusive Victoria Case stamp for the Town Scrapper
Ink: Copic markers, Memeto Tuxedo Black and Summer Sky
Paper: Bazzill, Neenah, KaiserCraft, SU
Embellishments: Ribbon (Walmart)
Tools: Bow Easy

4 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

How cute are they! Love your coloring Mel!!

Anonymous said...

Love the bright, spring colors you used on this, Melanie. And OH how I wish I could attend your class tomorrow, but Ontario is a pretty far away from California -- LOL! :-)

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Melanie! Good luck with your demo, wish I could come!
:o)

Tricia said...

Beautiful card Melanie! Love your bright spring paper and your colouring is fabulous, as always. Good luck with the demo today! I would have love to attend, but hubby's out-of-town and won't be home until this afternoon. Maybe there will be another?! Have a wonderful weekend!