Friday, November 19, 2010

Lavender and Lace

Oh, I am soooo late with this post! I must thank Lacey (and Nikki too!) for her patience with me...I've had some unexpected things come up that required my attention, and so my post had to take a back seat today. Better late than never though...right??

Welcome to another challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers Stamps!! Our challenge this week is "Lavender and Lace".

I decided to pull out one of my favourite Wags 'n Whiskers Stamps, "Say a Prayer" for this challenge. I have to admit that "lavender" is not a colour I have an abundance of in my paper collection. I searched through my papers several times for anything lavender, or even purple, and found this pretty polka-dotted paper from My Mind's Eye (Wild Asparagus). I also found a little scrap of polka-dotted paper from KaiserCraft that I used to paper peice the dress on this beautiful stamp. I chose to use some crocheted "lace"...this is one of my personal favourite embellishments. For finishing touches I distress the edges of the paper with my scissors and Milled Lavender Distress Ink, pulled out a Martha Stewart paper punch, added a few pearls, Prima Hydrangeas, Stardust Stickles, ribbon and a metal sentiment tag from the dollar store. I really wanted to add some machine stitching...another favourite embellishment of mine, but I've run out of white thread! (It's on my shopping list for this weekend, lol)


"Say a Prayer" was stamped with Memento Ink on Neenah Smooth cardstock and coloured with Copic markers. The paper-pieced dress was shaded with Copic markers. When paper-piecing, always remember to add some shading to your patterned paper. Otherwise, those areas of your image will just look flat.



Copics: Skin E000, E00, E11, R20 Hair: E50, Y21, Y23, Y26, E31, E33, E37, E59 Ribbon: C00, C01, C03, C05 Wings: BG0000, V000, RV000, blender Shading on dress: V000, V01, V12, V15, V09

We'd love to have you join in the "Lavender and Lace" challenge this week! You can link up your submission on the Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge Blog...you can also check out all the beautiful cards that the WnW Divas created this week. They are just stunning!

Remember, that the Wags 'n Whiskers Challenges are now open to submission featuring any stamps line. However, if you do use a WnW stamp on your project, then your name will also be entered into a bonus draw for a WnW digital stamp!

Thank you so much for stopping by today friends. It means so much to me that you all continue to keep looking in on my little blog...and your sweet words are so encouraging. :)

Have a wonderful Friday evening, and I hope to see you back tomorrow!

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamps: Wags 'n Whiskers "Say a Prayer"
Ink: Memento, Milled Lavender Distress Ink, Copic markers
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, MME, KaiserCraft
Embellishments: Prima flowers, pearls, Stickles, ribbon, metal sentiment tag
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Hi Melanie~~This is darling!! Soft, sweet and perfect sentiment:)
Blessings

FitterTwit said...

SO beautiful! Lavender and lace...what an amazing combo! Great job on this!