Friday, December 3, 2010

Let it Snow!

Confession time...I really love the snow! So, I was thrilled with the challenge topic at Wags 'n Whiskers this week...the lovely, sweet and oh so talented Sharon Caudle is challenging all of us to use Snowflakes on our projects this week!


I used the beautiful fairy "Angelica" for my card today. Now, when you stamp Angelica, she is normally sprinkling pretty little fairy stars from her fingers. However, after inking my stamp I used a damp Q-Tip to remove the ink from that part of the rubber. I stamped her on Neenah smooth cardstock and then drew in some little snowflakes with my Copic multiliner. I coloured her to match the fun snowflake patterned paper from Fancy Pants. The blue polka dotted paper is a scrap I had laying around. I also added in some plastic snowflakes that I picked up at the dollar store. (I glammed them up with some additional glitter!) The sentiment is from Motivet stamps. The snowflake pattern on the tag was created with an accessory stamp from High Hopes. (I used Stormy Sky Distress Ink.)


I used plenty of Stardust Stickles on Angelica and sponged around my image with Stormy Sky Distress Ink.



Copics: Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20 Hair: E50, Y21, Y23, Y26, E31, E33, E37, E59 Dress: B91, B95, B97, B99, G20, G21, G28, G99, BG000 Wings: BG0000, BG000, RV000, G20, G21, blender

We would love to have you play along this week! Remember, the WnW prize challenges are now open to projects featuring any stamp! However, if you use a WnW image on your project, you will also be entered into a bonus draw! Hop on over the Wags 'n Whiskers Blog to see the gorgeous snowy projects by the rest of the Divas this week...they are just beautiful! If you are in need of some retail therapy, you can find Wags 'n Whiskers Stamps HERE.

This post is a little sad for me today...this will be my last weekly post for Wags 'n Whiskers Stamps. Lacey and Nikki asked me to join the team as a guest designer back in May. My term was only supposed to be for May and June, but they very kindly offered to have me stay on a while longer. The ladies on the Wags 'n Whiskers design team have been absolutely fabulous to work with...they are all so sweet, and have made me feel so welcome. I am very grateful for the friendships made while on this team. Thank you all so much for having me on board for these last several months...I truly appreciate it!

Thanks for stopping by today friends!

Blessings,
Melanie
Stamps: Wags 'n Whiskers "Angelica", Motivet sentiment, High Hopes snowflake
Ink: Memento, Copics, Distress Ink
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, Fancy Pants
Tools: Bow Easy
Embellishments: Plastic dollar store snowflakes, glitter, Stardust Stickles, rhinestones, pearls, ribbon

10 comments:

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Melanie! Gorgeous colouring as always!!

Renkata said...

Melanie, this is such a sensational card. Love all snowflakes they are just like winter buterflys.

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my goodness, I love this card Melanie! Just love the colors and how you've colored her, beautiful!!

Mary Lou said...

Magnificent Melanie!! Always so inspiring~~love how you took simple plastic snowflakes and glitz them to look so elegant ANDDDD then altered the fairy dust to look like snowflakes~~BRILLIANT!!!!
Blessings

Pati said...

Hi Melanie

Congratulations on your card. Wooow, your colouring is awesome! Great job!

BIG hugs and have a wonderful day
Pati

FitterTwit said...

As always Melanie... this is GORGEOUS! I've got a blog award for you on my blog http://fundamentalchange.blogspot.com/2010/12/well-dang.html.

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful!

xoxo,
Lori

Welcome! said...

Just GORGEOUS Melanie!!! You KNOW how much I love this fairy!! ;) Gorgeous colours and I love how you've magically turned the stars into beautiful snowflakes! Perfect!!
Hugs, Krista

Ann said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I love what you did with the snowflakes.

Lacey Stephens said...

Oh my, this is so gorgeous!! I love the color combo you used on this image and I LOVE how you replaced the stars with snowflakes!!
We have had so much fun having you on the team. Thank you, thank you, thank you for staying on longer! You are such a wonderful inspiration and being such a wonderful friend!! Big hugs!!
~Lacey