Saturday, May 21, 2011

Text Me!

Hello and happy Saturday to you all! It's time for another challenge over at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog. Your lovely hostess this week is the very sweet Tara Godfrey and her challenge is called "Text Me!"...so make sure to include text somewhere on your project.

I decided to use one of the verses from the newly released "Scripture Quotes" for Tara's challenge. I was really under the wire with this card, as I remembered at the last moment about my inlaw's anniversary earlier this week! We needed a card to slip a gift card into and I had about an hour to put this together. This was a HUGE challenge for me, as I am probably the world's slowest cardmaker. I often spend hours on a card between colouring an image, picking out paper, figuring out a layout and fussing over which embellishments to use. I used 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 and stamped it on white cardstock with Versafine ink. I cut it out with Spellbinders Labels 2 and matted it on some Melissa Frances paper cut with Spellbinders Labels 8. The bits of scroll work bordering the sentiment are Spellbinders Fancy Tags. The black trim at the bottom is Spellbinders Classic Lace Border Grand. I also trimmed two sections of the Lace Border to place on the sides of the Labels 8 layer. (SCACD has a fantastic selection of Spellbinders at incredible prices!) The base layer of white cardstock was embossed with a CuttleBug folder. I distressed the edges and sponged everything with a bit of Black Soot Distress Ink. The bow was tied with the aide of my Bow Easy. The little key is from a company called Colorbok, and I finished everything off with a few dollar store pearls. Did I accomplish all this within the hour deadline?? Well, no. lol It took me about an hour and a half because I fussed around with a few of the elements, considered using some flowers (an idea I eventually abandoned) and decided at the last minute to add the bow and key. Still, not too bad considering how long things usually take me. :) I've been on a bit of a black and white kick lately, as I really like the visual effect. The font of this Scripture Quote is so elegant...love this set!!


Hop on over the the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog to check out the gorgeous projects made by the lovely Krafty Girls and Krafty Guests. Take note of the stamp Tara used on her card, because if you choose to play along then you could be the lucky winner of the stamp she used! (Just make sure to use a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp to be eligible. The May Gimmie Kimmie Kits are still available. There are three kits this month, and when you buy the stamps as a kit you are able to take advantage of a 15% discount! Make sure to scoop your's up soon before they are gone.)

That's it for me folks! It's a long weekend here, so I'm looking forward to having Monday off!! Perhaps a little stamping time might be in order. :)

Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks so much for stopping by today. :)

Blessings,

Melanie



Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Scripture Quotes"
Ink: Versafine, Black Soot Distress Ink
Paper: Bazzill, Melissa Frances
Tools: Spellbinders Classic Lace Border Grand, Labels 8, Labels 2 and Fancy Tags, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Bow Easy
Embellishments: Offray ribbon, pearls, metal key

6 comments:

Tracey said...

Very elegant Melanie!!

Unknown said...

Well Mel, I think your in-laws would love this truly elegant card no matter how long it took you make...LOL!! Absolutely stunning honey!! Have a great weekend!! Xx

Tara Godfrey said...

WOW! Melanie this is such an elegant and beautiful card, hun! Love the black and white colour combo...so sophisticated and of course I love this sentiment and you have framed it beautifully!
Hugs,t

Andrea Murdock said...

I think you did an incredible job in so little time. I love black and white cards xo

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! I love your focus on the sentiment and your classic color combination.

Kirei na Kami said...

Gorgeous!! I love the elegant black and white color palette and all the lovely elements! This is one of my favorite Scriptures:) I love it!!

Hugs!
Carolyn:)