Thursday, June 9, 2011

The June Kraftin' Kimmie Sneak Peeks Start Today...introducing "Stanley the Snail"!!

This Sunday will be another release day at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!! The fun starts today with the first round of sneak peeks from the fun and fabulous Krafty Girls. You can visit the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog each day leading up to the release to see who has previews to share.

We have some very exciting news to share today...Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is introducing another fabulous Krafty Artist!!! The Krafty Girls are all showcasing stamps by the very talented Emilie Goulet!!! I am already in love with Emilie's sweet style...you are going to adore her images!

This is "Stanley the Snail"...how cute is this??!! Quite the life our Stanley leads...look at him just chillin' on the beach! This image is so much fun to colour up. The patterned paper was in my scrap bin, but I'm pretty sure it's from Fancy Pants. The "Fun in the Sun" sentiment is part of Kimmie's "Mermaid Sentiments Set", and was stamped in Versafine Ink. The orange ribbon wasn't quite the right shade, so I went over it with my YG04 marker to create a better match.



I started by stamping Stanley on Neenah paper in Memento Ink. I coloured Stanley and his chair with Copic markers, but then had a bit of colouring mishap when I was working on the umbrella. I had used some very juicy BG's which ended up bleeding something terrible. Ugh. I decided to stamp the image again on some X-Press It Blending Card and had another go with different colours. I have tried this paper before, and haven't been overly fond of it. However, I'm thinking that I perhaps need to experiment a bit more with it as I was much happier with the result this time. Rather than re-colouring Stanley, I cut my "Neenah" Stanley out and and then paper-pieced him onto the image stamped on X-Press It with a Quickie Glue Pen.

Colours: Stanley: E31, E31, E25, E29, E59, E50 Shell: Chair: R22, R27, R46, R59, C5, C7 Umbrella: YG04, YG07, YR31, E08, B02, B12, B14, B23, B24, B99, C3, C5, C7 Stereo: C1, C3, C5, C7 Sand: E30, E31, E33, E37, E40, E41, E50, E59 Table: E18, E13, E50

To see more of this amazing new collection of stamps, please hop on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog! Oh, and might you be interested in a bit of BLOG CANDY?? Kimmie is giving away one complete set of Emilie's new collection...all you need to do is hop around and leave comments on all the Krafty Girls' blogs who have sneak peeks today, and Kimmie will announce the winner on the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog tomorrow. :)

Hope to see you back tomorrow for round two of the June sneak peeks!!

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Stanley", "Beachy Sentiments"
Ink: Memento, Copics, Versafine
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill, Fancy Pants
Embellishments: Ribbon, twine, button

26 comments:

Riikka Kovasin said...

Beautiful card!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable. Love all the detail you put into coloring the image and the sand.

Jenn Joncas said...

Gorgeous card Melanie!! I love the vibrant colours!!! That's a great idea with the ribbon!!! I have heard of doing that but likely wouldn't have thought of it at the time.

Amanda R said...

Love him Melanie! Awesome coloring as always, you get such wonderful depth to your images, always inspired when I visit!

Amber Hight said...

Gorgeous coloring, Mel! I don't comment often, but visit all the time and I just love your coloring! I aspire to color as well, lol! This image is so cute, might *need* him;)

Karen said...

oh my, how cute. thanks for listing your colours. I get such inspiration from your cards.

Cindi said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring is amazing. The image just pops off the card. Love it!!

Brigitte said...

Love your card and your colouring is perfection!!! I love your tips that you give. Thanks
brigitteetleschats at hotmail dot com

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi Mel!!! How are you?! It's been WAY too long since I've popped in to visit you. I LOVE this card! Your coloring constantly blows me away and this image is just too cute! Gorgeous work as always! Hope you're doing ok and that you're having a wonderful spring!
big hugs, Sharon

Celeste said...

He is so cute! I love the colors you used, thanks for listing them.

Unknown said...

Your colouring and card is amazing! Thanks for listing the copic marker numbers. The sand is so realistic.

Lesley said...

Your colouring is amazing (but thanks for sharing that even you have bleed issues sometimes :) ) The depth in your sand is fabulous!!!

scrappintlc said...

Gorgeous coloring. Thank you for writing which copic colors you used.

Pat Jandacek said...

Ah, all the comforts of home, and surrounded by that wonderfully serene-colored dp. Your 'save' measure worked beautifully. TFS, Pat J

Angela said...

Wow, your vibrant coloring is gorgeous! Great card!

fairie said...

OMG, OMG, fab card as always with great great coloring skills :)

candi said...

Very pretty! I love your coloring, the shading is PERFECT!! It really brings this supa kaayute inmage to life

Danni said...

What a fun card!!Your coloring is just off the charts fabulous!! Wonderful job!

Tracey said...

A fabulous card Melanie!! Awesome colouring as always!!

Ginny said...

I'm still trying to decide between those papers too. Have a stack of both and keep switching between them. Love how you colored him and glad you didn't have to recolor the whole image!

Kirsty said...

almost makes you wish you could join him! Lovely card and your colouring is as always, perfect!

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Your coloring is most excellent! Fabulous inspiration!

Unknown said...

And as usual Mel your colouring is superb!!! Gorgeous work honey!! Xx

Christine said...

Adorable card, Melanie! Beautifully coloured! Love Stanley, he's way too cute.

I tried to switch to Xpress-It and just couldn't adjust. I love my PTI, even though it's a PITA to get in Canada if you know what I mean ;) So worth it though... I buy a year's supply when my parents drive up to visit in the spring, and that has to get me through the year! (Though last year I did make them bring me back a single pack on their Christmas flight!)

Unknown said...

Hi Melanie, I'm working in reverse, I missed the first day of the blog hop yesterday so started at day 2 (that's me for you, always doing things backwards LOL). I've said it before on your last post, you are SOOOOO good at colouring, it's just amazing! So just bring an image to life, WOW!! Hugs, Frea

Janine - Ellabella said...

Melanie this card is adorable. LOVE all the image and fun colors. Very, very special!