Friday, August 26, 2011

The Fall Flora Fairies Collection at SCACD

Good morning friends! Are you ready for some SCACD excitement??

Today we're introducing you to a brand new set of adorable stamps from the SCACD Stamp Co. called "The Fall Flora Fairies Collection". There are four cute little fairies in this set and they are available exclusively at SCACD, and of course at Quixotic Paperie if you're in the UK.

Today I am sharing a card featuring one of these fairies. This is Annie Oak Leaf...she's so sweet in all her autumn glory! The papers are from Basic Grey Pyrus. I added a little swirl cut with my Spellbinders Doodle Parts, a few Viva Decor Pearls (Dark Brown), a scrap of ribbon and a couple of dollar store leafs. The "Autumn Blessings" sentiment is from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps (Thankful Sentiments).


Annie Oak Leaf was stamped on Strathmore Bristol Smooth with Memento Ink and coloured with Copic markers. This was another experiment with a new paper...not super crazy about it to be honest. The ink doesn't blend very easily on this one, but thought I'd give it a whirl. (plus, a Michael's just opened up here last weekend and they had the paper pads on sale!) I'll try the paper again sometime soon, but I'm thinking it's going to be a new sketchpad instead. Her wings were given a coat of Stardust Stickles and the leaf she is holding was treated to a little Smooch Illuminate.

(my apologies, but I don't have a colour list this time)

For more inspiration featuring The Fall Flora Fairies Collection, please visit the SCACD Store Blog Follow Your Heart where you will find a list of links to the lovely design team members sharing projects today.

***SNEAK PEEK ALERT*** While you are visiting the Store Blog, make sure to check out the details of another sneak peek of our upcoming release featuring Sylvia Zet for SCACD...and a little birdie tells me there just may be some BLOG CANDY!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I  hope you all have a wonderful day. :)

Blessings,

Melanie

13 comments:

Kim said...

Melanie this is absolutely stunning! WOW your coloring is uber amazing....so breath taking! Great work my friend!
Hugs~ Kim

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! The fall colors are wonderful and the way you cut things out makes it just perfect.

Crystal said...

WOW Melanie this is BEAUTIFUL, Such a stunning Autumn creation!!!!! LOVE this fairy!

Eva said...

Awesome card!!!
Greetings from Spain!
Eva

Danni said...

Sigh..I just drool when I come here and see your amazing coloring! You are so talented! Gorgeous card!!

Unknown said...

Wow Melanie, gorgeous, beautiful coloring and just love the fall setting! Beautiful work sweetie!

Unknown said...

Love this! Your coloring is beautiful!!!

Lorraine said...

Wow, beautiful, Melanie! Gorgeous coloring and love the fall colors & leaves!

Lori Aragon said...

BEAUTIFUL card and coloring Melanie!!! This image should be on the stamp label at SCACD : ) Super skills!

Have a great weekend : )
Love n hugs,
Lori

Patricia St Martin said...

FANTASTIC! Job on your coloring, love the way you colored her hair, dress, mmmm everything. So alert to detail love that. Stunning job.
Hugz, Patricia

Mary Lou said...

Hi Melanie~~WOWWWW!!!!! This is tooo cute--beautiful rich fall colors and always in AWE of your work!!!:D
Love the oak leaf embellishments ~~Perfect for this card!!!
Hugz

Sharon Peele said...

Melanie, This is the first time I have visit your blog, I love what I see, your coloring is out standing!! I was wondering if I can subcribe to your blog, I have become an folower!! but I would love to get e-mails when you post!! Thanks so much!!

Unknown said...

Your coloring is STUNNING Melanie!!! WOW! You really brought the image to life!