Saturday, December 3, 2011

Priscilla

Happy weekend!!! It's time for another Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge. This week, our hostess is the super sweet Diana Pickering who wants to see embossing on your projects...dry embossing or wet embossing, the choice is up to you!

Well, I opted for dry embossing...not that I had a choice, lol. I don't even own any wet embossing supplies! Isn't that sad?? lol Maybe some will show up in my stocking this year. :)  I don't mind actually, because I have some really fantastic embossing folders to play with. I inked up Priscilla this week, one of the new Gothic Girls by Annie Rodrigue. I also thought she would make a fantastic bookmark, which incidentally I am in need of! I paired her up with some Prima Printery papers, which I thought were a perfect choice to coordinate with Priscilla's stack of books. Are you a book lover? I'm an avid reader...just finished the fourth book in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. (it was a not-so-patient three year wait for that book to come out!! It's one of my favourite series. )  For the embossed elements on my project, I used a great embossing folder from Couture Creations. This one is called Hedged Maze. I did my embossing on kraft cardstock and highlighted the embossed areas by first sanding the raised design and applying some Walnut Stain Distress Ink to bring out the detail. To finish it off, I added some fabulous ribbon that was a gift from my best friend Amanda. :)


Priscilla was stamped on Neenah cardstock with Memento Ink and coloured with Copics. My apologies for the glare on her hair. My marker ink went a little tacky in spots...namely my E59 which I applied in all the areas of deepest shadow...and the angle at which I placed my light caused a really terrible reflection on that ink. Honestly, it does not look quite that bad in real life. I wish I would have had time to reshoot it, as I would have re-angled the light so it didn't highlight those tacky ink areas to this extreme.


(Sorry...no colour list today! I forgot to record my markers that day.)

To finish off the back of my bookmark, I stamped this pretty flourish design from Impression Obsession around the edges to frame the sentiment that comes with Priscilla. (both were stamped in Walnut Stain Distress Ink)



Did you visit the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Blog to see all the gorgeous embossed projects by the Krafty Girls? If you play along with us this week, you could be the lucky winner of the stamp seen on Diana's gorgeous card. (make sure to use a KK stamp on your project to be eligible for the prize) While you are visiting the KKS blog, make sure to check out the gorgeous cards by our fabulous December guests!! Kimmie has invited several very talented ladies to join us for the following month. Please join us in extending them all a very warm welcome...we're thrilled to have them playing along!

Oh, and make sure to click HERE to check out the Frugal Friday Sales for this weekend.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...your visit is much appreciated. :)

Blessings,

Melanie

9 comments:

Stamping Susi said...

How cute! I love your coloring and how the colors of the image go with the backgroundcolors.

Kimberly said...

A awesome book mark. Your image is colored most fabulously, love the technique you used as well...super fine. Thanks for the shout out. tfs
www.justwordz.ca

Amanda R said...

Gorgeous Melanie! I love to read too but don't have much time to sit down and do it so I download a lot of books. I will have to check out that series for sure!

Jenny said...

Wowza Melanie! Your colouring never ceases to amaze me!! You truly have a gift:) Thanks for sharing it with us each and every week:):)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Melanie! Repeat of all my adjectives I have used before!! Truly beautiful coloring! Hugz!

Tracey said...

Just stunning!! Your colouring blows me away as always!!

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This is a great bookmark and the sentiment is perfect! Love the shading and the distressing around the edges too. ;D

Sharon Caudle said...

I SO want to color like you when I grow up!!! LOL! LOVE your bookmark, Melanie! You are my coloring guru. Sure wish I could sit and watch you for just one day. :) Have a great week, girlfriend!
hugs, Sharon

Nana Diana said...

Your bookmark is gorgeous, Melanie!! I love your embossing and as always your colouring is fantastic!!