Saturday, January 28, 2012

Purrfect :)

Good morning and happy Saturday to you all! It's time for another challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. This week it's my turn to play hostess, and I would like to see some "Handmade Embellishments" on your projects. :)

I inked up one of the adorable cats from the Kitty Kapers 1 set by Krafty Artist Emilie Goulet. The papers are all from My Mind's Eye. The image was matted on Spellbinders Circles and Lacey Circles. The sentiment is included in the Kitty Kapers 1 set. For my handmade embellishments, I created some little balls of yarn with a cardstock base, Scor Tape and some embroidery floss. (The cardstock is not quite that blue in real life...it's a deep teal that really does match the paper, but unfortunately it photographed a little "off")


The image was stamped on Neenah cardstock with Memento Ink and coloured with Copic markers. I had intended to have the lady's arm lined up with the edge of the die cut circle, but I misjudged the size I needed by quite a bit...which is why her arm is kind of floating, lol. I think this is such a sweet image...I just love the look of pure bliss on this kitty's face. :)


Cat: E13, E57, E59, E93, E95, E97, E99  Collar: BG000, BG01, BG05, BG07, BG09, C5, C7  Sleeve: BG11, BG23, BG75, C5  Hand: E000, E00, E11  Nail: R46  Bangles: Y17, Y21, Y38, E35, E37

If you play along this week, you could be the lucky winner of the cute kitty stamp I used on my card today. Just make sure to use a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp to be eligible. Don't forget to pop on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps blog to check out the fabulous projects by the Krafty Girls featuring their handmade embellishments.

Two thing to note:

1. Make sure to check out the Frugal Friday sales for this weekend.
2. The January Gimmie Kits will only be available until Sunday, so make sure to grab yours before they are gone!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. :)

Blessings,

Melanie

9 comments:

Tracey said...

I love this Melanie!! So beautiful!! And your yarn balls are the perfect embellishment!!

Welcome! said...

Awwwe Melanie this is soooo adorable! Amazing colouring as usual and those little balls of yarn are perfect! Very creative!
K :)

SophiePScrap said...

I jut Love your little yarn balls! Whatt a pretty card!

Sarah said...

this is adorable! Love the yarn balls!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Melanie!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is Super Cute!!! I love love this card A Lot!!! I love how you made those lil yarn balls! Clever idea there doll! This is my FAVORITE kitty stamp by KK.
Hugs, Heidi

Jane said...

Oh Melanie, this is adorable and those balls of wool - a purrrfect addition!
Hugs
Jane

JaniceA said...

So cute! Love the cat and the yarn balls!
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Melanie!! I love this!!! Is the hand part of the stamp? I have to go hunt this one down for it is totally adorable! Hugz!