Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ringing in 2012 with SCACD!

Happy New Year to all!! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season filled with family, friends and wonderful memory-building moments. :)  I've been kickin' back and taking it easy after a few very busy months leading up to the holidays. Even though I was on a little blog vacation, I did have the opportunity to get some colouring done, and am happy to stay that for once I'm actually slightly ahead of schedule! (although, I'm sure that won't last long, lol)

Today, we're ringing in the New Year at SCACD!! Susana is open for business today after a well-deserved Christmas holiday. Many of the SCACD design team members have projects to share today featuring many of the fantastic products and stamp lines available at SCACD...you can find links to their personal blogs at the Store Blog.

My card today features "Peace" from "The Ends Sampler", and SCACD exclusive collection by Elisabeth Bell. I'm pretty sure the paper I used is no longer in stock, but Susana has a fantastic selection of 6x6 paper pads available HERE, and her prices are very pocketbook friendly. :) The bow was tied with my Bow Easy. See that pretty vine border?? That was created with one of my brand new Memory Box Dies, "Delicate Vine". I absolutely LOVE the Memory Box Dies, and Susana has a great selection of them HERE. They are quickly becoming a favourite tool of mine, and I plan to continue adding to my collection. :)

"Peace" was stamped on Neenah cardstock with Memento Ink and coloured with Copics and ShinHan markers. I have only three of these markers for now as I thought it would be fun to give them a whirl. I used them for her shirt...what do you think? They do colour quite nicely. I found them to blend easily and give a lovely vibrant result. I'd love to play around with a few more colour combos at some point. However, I have NO intention of replacing my beloved Copics!! It's always fun to try new products that enhance your present arsenal of tools...because the ShinHans are alcohol based markers, they will work with your Copics. The rest of the image was coloured with Copics.


COPICS: 
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20, BV31  Hair: E50, E31, E33, E37, E59  Pants: B21, B32, B34, B37, B39, C7, BV31, BV23  
SHINHANS:  Shirt: R11, R13, BR94

Make sure to spend a few minutes browsing around SCACD to check out all the new products Susana has added. Here's a little teaser:

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Blessings,

Melanie

6 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just adorable !!! Hugs

Joy said...

Your coloring is absolutely stunning! :)

Sandra said...

What a beautiful card Melanie, and such a beautifully named stamp. I must say that you are not only the queen of colouring pleats but you are also the queen of colouring hair! I also love the simplicity of all your cards, there is never too much going on to take away from the colouring and the image. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

This shading is so awesome!!!! Love Love the hair

jperr said...

Lovely card,awesome coloring,will you be doing a tutorial? I hope. I'm going yo do an email signup if you have one.
Jocelan

Marianne said...

I just saw this picture on Pinterest and just had to see who painted it. It's beautiful. I love your art, you have a new fan. :-D