Friday, February 3, 2012

It's a Double Release Day at SCACD!!

Good morning crafty friends and welcome to release day at SCACD!! Susana is releasing two collections of exclusive SCACD stamps, "Fairylicious" by Victoria Case and "The New Adventures of Loli and Poppy" by Sylvia Zet! The stamps in both collections are absolutely gorgeous and I know many, if not all, will be making their way onto your wish list. :)

To celebrate today's release, we are having a blog hop! If you arrived here after visiting with one of our lovely guests, Wendy, then you are right on track. If not, just pop on over to the beginning of the hop at Danni's blog where all the fun begins.

I have two cards to share with you today. Up first is a card featuring one of the stamps from "The New Adventures of Loli and Poppy". This pretty little hippy-chick is "Give Peace a Chance". I absolutely adore her! The papers on this card are from My Mind's Eye. For finishing touches, I added a few pearls and a flourish created with my Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork Die...I'm just a wee bit fond of my Memory Box Dies! These dies tend to fly off the SCACD shelves, so make sure to grab your favourites as soon as you see them in the store...you can find them all HERE.


Give Peace a Chance was stamped on Neenah with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. She was predominantly coloured with Copics. The exception would be her blouse for which I used three ShinHan markers.


Skin: E000, E00, E11, R02  Hair: E50, E31, E33, E37, E59  Jeans: BG0000, B32, B34, B37, B39, BV29, C5  Blouse: ShinHan Markers R11, R13 and BR94 Hair flower: R30, R32, R35, R37, R89  Large Flower: BV31, BV23, C00, C3, C5, colourless blender  Flower Centres: E50, Y21, Y26, E13, E17, E18 Stem: YG00, YG03, G85, G99

My second card features one of the stamps from "Fairylicious". These stamps have such a whimsical charm and are so much fun to create with. This is "Fairy Good Hair Day". I pulled out some older My Mind's Eye paper for this one. Although Susana does not have this particular pad in stock anymore, she has a fantastic selection of 6x6 paper pads HERE. The cute little chipboard dragonflies are Make It Crafty Chipboard. They were coloured with Copics and then coated with a Viva Decor Magic Pearl Pen. The little vine in the corner was created by using the "Savannah Border" Memory Box Die. I just snipped it apart and rearranged the pieces to fit in the corner. I tied a double bow with the help of my Bow Easy and centred it with a rhinestone.


Fairy Good Hair Day was also stamped on Neenah with Memento Ink and coloured with Copics. I used some Startdust Stickles on the fairy wings and on the detail work on the mantis. Unfortunately I was a little heavy handed with the Stickles and it ended up concealing some of the pretty design. I sponged in the sky with Memento Summer Sky. The image was cut out and matted with Spellbinders Labels 8.


 (Sorry...I'll try to pop on later to update my post with a Copic colour list for this image)

All of the new "Fairylicious" and "New Adventures of Loli and Poppy" stamps are available to purchase exclusively at SCACD and at Quixotic Paperie for all of our international friends. They stamps are available for individal purchase or you can purchase them as complete sets by artist. While you are checking out the new stamps, make sure to take a bit of time to browse around SCACD to see all the fantastic products Susana has in stock.

It is now my pleasure to send you off to visit with the lovely Crystal!

Thanks so much for joining us today. :)

Blessings,

Melanie

26 comments:

Anki said...

Melanie - amazing as always! Your colouring is out of this world. Kramis - Anki

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie these are just gorgeous sweetie, fabulous colours too, big happy hugs love Pops x x

Lisette Morris said...

Your cards are stunning!! I love your coloring! Gorgeous!

Rosalee said...

Beautiful card Melanie. I love them both. TFS
Hugs, Rosalee

Maria said...

Love the cards. Great colors

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Melanie, these are beautiful. Once again your coloring has left me with my jaw on the floor. The stickles on the fairy and the mantis are wonderful! The way you color hair, WOWZERS!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Both cards are just GORGEOUS!! I'm a huge fan of your work and can never get enough of your coloring!!

Hug,s
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Stunning creations! I am really drooling over your coloring of these gorgeous images. Both are beautifully designed and embellished. And your coloring really has brought them to life. I especially love the sweet "hippy/peace" image. Sooooo pretty! Have a great day, hugs, Angela

Unknown said...

Melanie you knock another one out of the ball park!! Love it! Hugz

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Such gorgeous coloring on these adorable images!! Fantastic showing of these sweeties!! :)

Jane said...

My goodness you have been busy Melanie, both are fabulous as always.
Hugs
Jane

Tina said...

Both are so cute!! Great coloring!

Renkata said...

Melanie you have colored two amazing images, so beautifly.
Stunning cards, dear.

Unknown said...

wow those are unbelievable - the images are adorable and your coloring is insanely good!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous coloring as always, Melanie! I am loving all of the images in these two releases!

Danni said...

Truly stunning and oh so gorgeous cards!! Your coloring is always just off the hook stunning! Wow!

Crystal said...

Melanie Breathtaking cards girl, LOVE your coloring and designs...You rocked showcasing these beauties!

Linda Carson said...

Your artwork ROCKS! Stunning coloring! Thanks for sharing the Copic markers you use.

Welcome! said...

drooling along with everyone else on your fabulous colouring! Gorgeous cards Melanie!

Kim said...

WOW these are truly STUNNING Mel! Love them both!
Hugs~ Kim

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

these are so adorable. Love your coloring. so cute.

PJ said...

OH MY!! Your Give Peace a Chance card is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!! The coloring is phenomenal! I'm in love w/this stamp :) TFS~

Lori Aragon said...

Your coloring always takes my breath away!!! I love the inspiration you provide : )
Have a wonderful weekend ♥
Lots and lots of love,
Lori

Patricia St Martin said...

OMG you sure have brought those stamps to life, your colring is fabulous. I sure would love to sit down with you and do a couple of cards. Absolutely outstanding.
Hugs, Patricia

Donalda said...

These are gorgeous dear. So love your coloring. Hugs

Tracy Valure said...

Your coloring is Fabulous! The dimension is just great!! Love it! New Follower here! ;-)

Hugs,
Tracy Valure