Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Marilyn" for SCACD

Hi folks! It's hard to believe we are already at the end of August. The older I get, the faster time seems to fly by! The kids are getting geared up for another school year. Nathan is enrolled at the college here and Ainsleigh will be going into grade 7. It's been a nice relaxing summer around here, but it's definitely time to get back to some structure!

Did you all know that Susana carries Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps at SCACD??? (Those of you who are frequent visitors here know that I LOVE my Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps as I'm also one of the Krafty Girls!) SCACD has several of the Old Hollywood stamps that were released back in July. (She also has some of the brand new August release in stock as well!) I'm pretty sure you can guess by the pose and dress that this lovely starlet is none other than Marilyn...isn't she gorgeous?? I love her...and she has just the right amount of "sass". :)  Now unfortunately, the papers I used here are no longer in stock, but Susana has an abundance of fantastic paper pads available HERE...and her prices are fabulous! The flourish was created with a die. SCACD carries a great flourish die by Memory Box called Elegant Scrollwork. The sentiment comes with Marilyn. In keeping with the "twinkle" sentiment, I added some rhinestones. The corner embellishments are Make It Crafty Chipboard. I love these chipboard embellishments as they are intricate and very versatile. They can be painted, inked, sprayed...I've simply inked their edges with a bit of brown ink so they coordinate with the kraft cardstock elements on the card.



The lovely Marilyn was stamped in Memento Ink and coloured with Copics. Her dress was actualy paper-pieced with pale pink paper. Colouring with pink is a challenge for me...I can never quite get it right. So I used the pink paper as my base colour and then just added some additional shading with Copics. Her dress was also given a lovely coat of Stardust Stickles for some added "twinkle".



You can find SCACD's entire stock of Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps HERE.

Some more new products of note are:
 Hope you all have a fantastic day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings,

Melanie

6 comments:

Trina said...

Your coloring is amazing! Geez... I don't have any good pinks so I may need to follow your lead and just shade paper piecing! Lovely card!

Kelly Schelske said...

Amazing coloring Melanie! Gorgeous card!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Melanie you totally rock...this is awesome! I love seeing your beautiful colouring :)

Nana Diana said...

Hi Melanie, it was great to see you at Kim's last Sunday!! Just wanted to say how much I love this Marilyn card, it's absolutely gorgeous!! As always. I'm so proud to be on the same team as you!!

Sue said...

Amazing colouring, you really know how to bring a picture to life.