Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fearless Fairy Tales Rapunzel (Little Miss Muffet Stamps)

(This is one of two posts on my blog today...please visit again at 7:00 am EDT for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge!  You can click HERE to be taken directly to that post after 7:00 am EDT)

I'm so excited and very honoured to be participating in this awesome release at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!! These new Fearless Fairy Tales stamps are amazing. I LOVE colouring fairy tales images, and I love them even more when they're just a little edgy ;) It's such a privilege to be playing along with this very talented group of colourists. Their work always inspires me and leaves me in awe of their skills. You're in for quite the treat today as you visit their blogs to see what they've created with the Fearless Fairy Tales.

My card today features Rapunzel from the Fearless Fairy Tales. It's hard to choose a favourite from this collection, as they are all incredible images...which is why you will likely want each stamp. ;)  I love all the details in this image: the folds in the fabric, the intricate stonework of the tower, those gnarly hands of the witch and of course that hair!! I used some old papers from a DCWV stack and distressed them quite heavily with my scissors followed by Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The birdcage is from Dies by SCACD and the flourishes are an MFT die that I cut up and added in small bits. I added a few Prima flowers centred with a pearl. I'm not sure where I picked up that metal filigree flower...I added a bit of ink with my Copics to antique it as it was way too shiny and new looking for my taste. ;)  Rapunzel was coloured with Copic markers. After finishing with the markers, I added a touch of white coloured pencil to the dress. I also added some additional shading with a black Conte Crayon applied with a paper blending tortillon.


Skin: E000, E00, E11, RV95  Hair: E50, E31, E33, E37, E59, BV29  Dress:  B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, BV29, C9, V01, V15, V09, C9  Witch's hands: YG00, G20, YG91, YG95, W7  Witch's cloak: C1, C3, C5, C9  Curtains: V01, V15, V09, C9, BV29...I also went over the curtains with BV00 to try to tone down the contrast in order to "push" then further into background  Stone/Marble: W00, W1, W3, W5, W7, E40, E42, E43  Sky: BG000, BG70  Clouds: BG70, BV31, C00, C1, C3, Blender

You can find the Fearless Fairy Tales at the Little Miss Muffet Stamps store. Make sure to visit the LMM blog HERE and the LMM Gallery Blog HERE. Don't forget to hop around and see what the other ladies have created for today's release!

Just wanted to say thanks again to Barbara for inviting me to participate today!

Thanks for visiting.

Blessings,

Melanie

19 comments:

Zoe said...

ooooo so beautiful and the stone looks like marble!! You're awesome. xox

Marika said...

This is gorgeous! Love the treatment of the stone :) XO Mi

Sharon said...

Beautiful card - love the embellishments! And a great new stamped image - LOL - the more I see this image the more it makes me smile thinking of the old hag falling down once Rapunzel cuts her hair!!!!!

M DelValle said...

Love it!! Beautifully colored!!

Jane said...

Awesome as always Melanie, but oh boy you blew me away with that stunning stone work!
Jane xx

Jeannean said...

WOW! I love your sky and the amazing rock work! Awesome image you have!!

Steph said...

Beautiful, I love the vintage feel with all the brown and those pearls are the perfect touch

MammasScrappin said...

Wow!! Fantastic! Love the vines you added also! Wonderful!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Melanie this is awesome colouring and design, just love the flourishes.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Mari K. said...

Gorgeous, you are so talented, I am drooling over your coloring skills.

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous card.

Susan

Debbie Pamment said...

Your work is ALWAYS amazing the this is no exception. I LOVE the marbling on the rocks. Gorgeous.
xXx

Andrea Tully said...

Jaw dropping!!! Love all the colouring and card design but I am drooling over those clouds WOW they are amazing!!

Stitchinwitch said...

Love the card and colours used

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

I love how this turned out and the aged look! Your coloring is stunning and adding the white and black later is a neat techniques. It's gorgeous! :) Thanks so much for being part of this release! Hugs

Jo said...

Love your colouring, the stonework is totally amazing! a great card xx

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Melanie. I love the whole scene, and how gorgeous your blending is!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Oh my gosh! Look at that stonework. And the dress. Wowsers, amazing colouring. You rock! X

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Love your coloring and embellishments.