Tuesday, November 22, 2016

November Krafty Skrappy Challenge

It's time for our monthly Kraftin' Kimmie Skrappy Challenge!!!

For this challenge you can create any project EXCEPT A CARD!  Calendars, bookmarks, pocket pages, traditional scrap pages, holiday gifts, planner pages, tags... you get the picture! It's a great opportunity to think outside the box and get creative with your stamps! Here are a few things to remember...

THIS MONTH'S THEME: ANYTHING GOES!!!


1. Create ANY project, JUST NOT A CARD!
2. Your submission must be a NEW project (created on or after this post date). Link it up at the KKS blog
3. You MUST use a Kraftin Kimmie stamps to be entered in to the drawing.
4. You have an entire month to play, so enter AS MANY TIMES as you'd like!
5. PRIZES?!? Of course there are prizes! Once we've reached 5 entries, we draw a random winner at the close of the challenge!
6. You have until Monday, December 20th, 2016 @ 12:00 pm EST to get your entries in.
7. Be sure to also share your creations on our Krafty Friends FB page!

Holiday decorating is in full swing, so I thought it would be fun to create a Christmas ornament using a combination of two KKS sets: Shake It Up and Shake it Up Polar Bears! I started with an inexpensive plastic hollow ornament...I think I got 6 in a pack from the dollar store last year for $2.00.  I stamped the penguin from Shake it Up, and the bear from Shake it Up Polar Bears in Memento Desert Sand Ink and coloured them with Copics. Next, I cut two circles using the ornament as a template from a sheet of Bo Bunny paper. I glued those back to back to form the disc for the centre of the ornament. I picked up two packs of mini trees from Michaels, removed the wooden bases and hot glued them to the paper. I then adhered my the penguin to one side and the polar bear to the reverse side with my favourite Tombow glue. I added artificial snow (from Michaels) to one half of the ornament, inserted the paper disc and secured it with a bit of hot glue. I then added snow to the other half and closed the ornament. To hide the seam, I used some rustic hemp trim around the ornament with a glue gun. In keeping with the natural theme, I chose some burlap ribbon to create a bow for the top and some twine for the hanger. I've had these Maya Road canvas tags in my stash for ages, but had never found a use for them...it was a perfect match for the natural fibres of the other embellishments, so I stamped a sentiment from Shake It Up Polar Bears with Versafine ink.  As finishing touches, I added two jingle bells and a two decorative tree buttons from the dollar store. 




One thing I learned in this process...I need a better set up for photographing reflective surfaces!! It was challenging! 

Hope you plan to play along...thanks for visiting! 

PS...don't forget that the newly release November 2016 stamp sets are now all available for purchase at the KKS shop

Blessings, 

Melanie 

No comments: